Hey, its me. I seem to come back on the blog and say I'm back then disappear for months at a time. I never have that intention, but I seem to get many curve balls thrown at me.. full speed. Tomorrow is my twenty first birthday. So far the first year of being twenty has sucked. Just being completely honest. I NEVER thought I'd have the experiences I did but here we are. This is me, and this is the twenty-one things that make me, me.
1. Life is NEVER what you plan for it to be.
- I thought I would have gone to post secondary and become " successful ". Truth is.. that has nothing to do with success. Remember that.
2. People will disappoint you; no matter what.
- I realized that is just the way some people are. You then find those who don't. I'm still searching.
- I know my body and when something isn't right. Advocate for yourself.
4. Life is SO worth living
- Have you looked at life from the outside? I don't mean standing outdoors. But have you really taken in all life has to offer? Ya, me either. But I am learning how to.
- Family means more than people think. Talk to them. Engage into a relationship with those relatives you neglect to call because " you're too busy "
- You are you. There is only one you. Find the beauty in that. Why be someone else ? There is no fun or mystery in that.
7. You owe nothing to anybody.
- Doesn't give you the right to be an asshole to someone. However, you don't owe anyone anything.
8. You're shitty experiences are not an excuse to be a shitty person
- Sometimes you go through the worst shit you could imagine. How you react shows you who you are. I don't mean you can't be upset or go through a rough time.. BUT did you learn from that experience?
- It's gonna hurt. The lost friendships, the heartbreaks, leaving, changing. You will feel at your worst but good news that means what's to come can only be better. You wonder why 9-20 is under pain? Well unfortunately that's because I struggled A LOT over these past 21 years. But hey, gotta move forward and learn from it.
21. Twenty-one is my favourite. Any guesses? What topic am I missing?
-There is nothing more important than love. Loving humans, pets, your job, the food you eat. Everything relates to love. That is what makes life worth it, at least in my opinion. Put so much love out there that you couldn't possibly give anymore. Don't expect it back. Just do all things with love.
My favourite is love because :
( all of you )